|Paradise Fire Safe Council|
The Paradise Fire Safe Council is a committee of the Paradise Town Council. Community members are appointed by the Fire Chief who serves as the staff liaison to the PFSC.
1. Define the Role of PFSC with Cal Fire and the Town of Paradise.
2. Continue the implementation of the Doom the Broom Eradication Plan.
a. Participate in the Broom Coalition.
b. Follow through with the Paradise Doom the Broom Week in March 2013.
c. Involve additional town and community groups in the effort.
3. Pursue Grant and Unique Funding Sources.
a. Make contact for funding from major entities such as PG&E, Sierra Pacific, etc.
b. Solicit business sponsor donation for specific projects i.e. book, presentations.
c. Seek involvement in writing grants for projects i.e. educational, fuel reduction,
4. Develop Community Marketing and Outreach Projects.
a. Incorporate involvement with town personnel.
b. Initiate ways to have PFSC more recognized in the community.
c. Enumerate and publicize accomplishments.
d. Revise PFSC brochure.
e. Develop community contact data base.
f. Generate a newsletter.
5. Prepare and administer a plan for public dissemination of Wildfire 2008 Revisited.
Adopted January 2, 2013